Tile & Grout Cleaning
Tile and Grout can be found in many homes and businesses throughout the Tampa Bay Area. The year-round summerlike climate we get to enjoy in central Florida has made it a popular choice for floors, walls, bathrooms, showers, counter tops and backsplashes. The daily dose of dirt and soil your tile and grout is exposed to can make the tile surface have a less than desirable appearance and can also become embedded into the grout joints making it difficult to clean and maintain.
At Son Bright Systems we understand the dilemma that many of you who have tile and grout are faced with. This is why we offer Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning and Restoration as one of our premier services. Using our state-of-the-art technology and powerful truckmount steam cleaning machines, we can restore your tile and grout back to its original beauty. What may take you hours or even days to do on your hands and knees or using other traditional cleaning methods, we can do in a fraction of the time with much better results. You won't believe the difference until you see it with your own eyes, so please take a few minutes to watch the video to the right and you'll see.
Choosing A Tampa Tile & Grout Cleaning Company
When it comes time for you to have your tile and grout cleaned and restored, you may find the process of choosing a contractor a bit overwhelming by the number of companies that offer this service in the Tampa area. However, there are some questions that you may want to ask which can help narrow your search for a contractor whom you feel you can trust and that is the right choice for you.
- Do they have the proper equipment and experience?
- Are they trained and certified by the IICRC
(The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification).
- Do they stay current with industry standards?
- How long have they been in business and can they provide references?
- Are they licensed and insured?
The answers to the above questions can help you determine which company is the right choice for you. To make your quest a little easier, we'll answer them for you right now! Son Bright Systems, Inc. is a Florida company that is both licensed and insured. We have been in business since 2002 providing professional cleaning and restoration services to folks throughout the Tampa Bay Area and can provide you with references upon request. We stay current with industry standards and all of our technicians are trained and certified by the The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We utilize the latest technology and equipment in order to achieve the best results possible and have cleaned hundreds of tiled homes and businesses in and around Tampa.
The Tile and Grout Cleaning and Restoration Process
When you hire Son Bright Systems to clean and restore your tile and grout, you can rest assured that we take our job seriously and will treat your home or place of business as if it were our very own. Our proven process ensures that each of our customers will receive the highest quality of service and that we achieve the best possible results. The following is a list of the steps we will take before, during and after each job we perform.
- Examine the area(s) to be cleaned in order to determine what type of tile and grout we will be cleaning and restoring.
- Test areas for troubled spots where the integrity of the tile and/or grout may be in question.
- Test to determine if there is any sealer on the tile and/or grout which could have an adverse effect on the cleaning process and need to be removed before the tile and grout can be cleaned.
- Take complete measurements in order to determine the total square footage of the area to be cleaned.
- Establish a firm price with the customer before we commence work on the job.
- Carefully move all furniture that can be moved away from the area to be cleaned.
- Secure all pets and children away from work area and place safety signs in areas we will be working in.
- Vacuum or sweep the area to be cleaned if needed.
- Pre-treat the area to be cleaned using special chemicals made specifically for tile and grout. These chemicals can be either alkaline based or acid based depending on the pH level required to clean and restore the area in question. Once the area has been cleaned, we will restore it back to a neutral pH level.
- Scrub all hard to reach areas such as corners and baseboards with a grout brush.
- Steam clean the tile and grout with our state-of-the-art truck mounted machine. This machine heats water to temperatures as high as 240 °F and disperses it at 1,200 PSI while simultaneously extracting the dirt and soil from the area.
- If necessary, vacuum up any excess water and apply air movers in order to speed up the drying process.
- If requested, apply sealer to the tile and/or grout in order to resist staining and ensure ease of maintenance. Whether we seal the tile and grout or just the grout depends on what type of tile and grout we are working with. Certain types of tile (such as ceramic tile) do not require sealing and only the grout should be sealed. In addition we can also apply a colored grout sealer to the grout joints, which will not only protect your grout but can be an affordable solution for damaged grout.
- Move all furniture back to its original position.
- Review all that we have done with the customer and provide the customer with helpful cleaning an maintenance tips.
We Clean Tile of Various Types
There are so many various types of tile available today, which makes it important that the company you hire to clean and restore your tile knows how to properly identify it's type and more importantly knows how to properly clean it without causing any damage. The technicians at Son Bright Systems are trained in the identification, cleaning and restoration of many of the various tiles available on the market today. This includes; ceramic, porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terrazzo, travertine, marble, granite, vinyl and more. Also, we don't just clean tile floors, we clean walls, bathrooms, showers, counter tops, backsplashes and more. No matter where your tile is, we can clean it!
We Clean Grout of Various Types
Just as there are various types of tile, there are also various types of grout. The most common types are cementitious grout (sanded & unsanded) and epoxy grout. Our technicians are trained to identify, clean and restore these grout types. This is important because you want to use the correct chemicals and procedures with each grout type otherwise it may compromise the integrity of the grout, causing it to crack, break apart and fall out over time. As an added level of protection, we highly recommend that you seal both sanded grout and unsanded grout once it has been cleaned. This is because they are cementitious grouts, which are porous and subject to staining if not protected and left to the elements. We also offer this service upon request. To learn more about this please visit our Grout Sealing page.
Tube & Shower Before Cleaning
Tub & Shower After Cleaning